Metonymy Media is an agency of writers in Indianapolis, Indiana’s Fountain Square neighborhood. We help businesses and organizations tell true, valuable stories about their brand, their community, and themselves. We support clients in composing everything from technical content to thought leadership to social media copy, through both our own research and interviews with subject matter experts.
If you want to spend your summer getting better at writing content, learning how to use content for marketing, and working in a neo-professional environment, apply for our summer internship, starting the week of June 17 and ending September 30. You’ll work with us for 8-12 hours a week at minimum wage, at various duties, perhaps including but not limited to:
- writing blog posts and other content for clients
- participating in brainstorming and concepting meetings
- transcription of recorded interviews
- support in documenting sources
- social media and WordPress management
- doing the dishes, in our basement (not creepy!)
Applicants must send the below materials to email@example.com as an email attachment:
- A 500-700 word original, hot-off-the-press blog post, “3 Tools to Keep Remote Employees Engaged in Company Culture.”
- A cover letter explaining who you are, what you want to learn from this position, and which fictional character you wish had been more developed and why.
- Your resume or CV.
- Two examples of your writing that you really like—paper, article, summary, response, story, poem, etc.
Applications are due no later than May 28. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org as well. Thanks for your interest, and happy writing.