Metonymy Media is an agency of writers in the Fountain Square neighborhood of Indianapolis, Indiana. We work to help people tell true, valuable stories about their brand, their community, and themselves. We support clients in composing everything from technical content to memoir to social media copy, through both our own research and interviews with subject matter experts.
If you want to spend your summer getting better at writing content and working as part of a team, apply for our summer internship, starting in late May or early June until August. You’ll work with us for 8 hours a week at minimum wage, at various duties, perhaps including but not limited to:
- writing blog posts and other content for clients
- participating in brainstorming and concepting meetings
- transcription of recorded interviews
- support in documenting sources
- social media automation and WordPress management (light)
- staffing events in the Green Room and event setup/breakdown support (as needed, perhaps causing the intern to be paid for extra hours)
- the dishes, in our basement (not creepy!)
Current enrollment in a college English program or similar field of study as a junior or senior is preferred but not necessary. Anyone with an interest in our work is invited to apply. Applicants must attach the following materials to an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A 500-700 word original, hot-off-the-press blog post, “5 Great Teambuilding Event Locations in Indiana.”
- A cover letter explaining who you are, what you want to learn from this position, and what your favorite book is and why.
- Your resume or CV.
- Two examples of your writing that you really like—paper, article, summary, response, story, poem, etc.
Applications are due by the end of the day on May 18th. Please direct any questions to email@example.com. Thanks for your interest, and happy writing.