We’ve focused on building our creative team exclusively out of educated, published creative writers. Our writers are authors, they’re teachers, and above all else they’re experienced professionals. We don’t use freelancers, and we don’t subcontract any writing or strategic work. By mirroring the group model of advanced creative writing degree programs, we’ve cultivated a professional environment that encourages continued skill development, collaboration, and accountability in creative work.
Founder & CEO
Ryan founded Metonymy Media after finding success in his own freelance writing career. He spends his days working on business development and marketing initiatives. Ryan often speaks on the value of content marketing and the role of creative writers in business, and co-wrote Nothing New: An Irreverent History of Storytelling and Social Media.
- Before getting into professional writing, Ryan was a guitar instructor.
- Can read and write Latin, and has all but forgotten how to do the same with Koine Greek.
- Was born on a U.S. Air Force station in West Germany.
Director of Accounts and Business Development
Darcy has spent the past ten years in the marketing industry working with clients of all types and sizes. She oversees all of Metonymy Media’s client relationships with the purpose of creating long-lasting, mutually-beneficial relationships. She has a knack for identifying opportunities and producing strategies to effectively improve and maximize clients’ marketing efforts.
- Enjoys exploring and supporting local businesses
- Has a motorcycle license (but no bike – yet)
- All-time favorite band – The Beatles
Nate snagged a Creative Writing degree from the University of Indianapolis with a minor in Professional Writing. He enjoys any opportunity to write about education, marketing, and DIY projects. He watches TV with the subtitles on.
- Enjoys long bike rides
- Likes trying new recipes
- Loves a good horror film
Amber graduated from DePauw University with a dual bachelor’s in Creative Writing and Philosophy in 2009, and went on to complete her MFA in Creative Nonfiction at Northwestern University in 2014. When she isn’t writing, she sews elaborate costumes, plays video games, and explores Indy’s emerging culinary scene. She is also an adjunct professor of English at Ivy Tech Community College.
- Favorite book: East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- Interested in commercial real estate, science writing, and subversion.
- Dreams of one day learning to play “Stairway to Heaven” on her harp.
HR, Staff Writer Emeritus
Ernest Hemingway got his start as a writer for the Kansas City Star before enlisting as an ambulance driver on the Italian front of the Great War. It was there that he picked up his trademark cynicism and understated style, and his experiences in Italy served as the inspiration for his famous work, A Farewell to Arms. Around the Metonymy offices, Ernest (or Papa, as we all lovingly call him) keeps the rest of the staff in check with his no-nonsense approach to writing.
- Interests include six-toed cats, rum, and divorce
- Never earned a college degree
- Isn’t actually alive anymore